Rotary Four-Way Test
Is it the TRUTH?
It is FAIR to all concerned?
Will it build GOOD WILL and BETTER FRIENDSHIPS?
Will it be BENEFICIAL to all concerned?
About the Toronto-Leaside Rotary Club
The Leaside Rotary Club meets on Mondays at 12 Noon for lunch at 12:30. Each meeting is part fellowship, with Rotary traditions such as Happy Bucks. Another regular feature is a speaker who will address the Club.
Speakers present entertaining or informational talks of about 30 minutes. The topics are as varied as they are interesting.
If you would like to speak to our Club, or know someone that we should contact about speaking, please get in touch and tell us:
- Who the speaker might be
- Why he/she might be of interest to our group
- How we might contact him/her/you
Email the Chair of Programming
Since the club was founded in 1940 it has raised and donated over $2,000,000.00
The following are some of the areas that have received those donations in the Leaside area and internationally.
- Major donation to the new Leaside arena
- New steps for the Leaside Swimming Pool
- Replacement of playground equipment at Trace Manes Park
- Contributions to the purchase of playground equipment at the following schools
- Bennington Heights
- Rolph Road
- Supplied funds to furnish the new Leaside Library
- Contritutions to the new Artificial Turf Playing fields at Northlea and Bessborough
- Scholarships awarded at Leaside High School
- Sponsorship of Leaside Minor Hockey team
- Donation & volunteers for Veteran’s K Wing at Sunnybrook Hospital Bingo Night
- Scholarships awarded at Mark Garneau Collegiate
- Funding the purchase of jerseys for the Girls Winter Indoor Soccer Teams
- Sponsoring tennis memberships for youth at Thorncliffe Tennis Club
- Sponsoring teams in the youth summer soccer league
- We have supported Rotary Projects in Mozambique , Nicaragua and Kenya
- Stephen Lewis Foundation
- Howard Hospital – Zimbabwe